Tuesday, September 02, 2008

My Ipoh/ Cameron Highland Trip Part 1

I spent the whole Merdeka weekend over in Ipoh and Cameron Highland. It's not like I've never been to Ipoh, but well I find this time the experience unique since I'm traveling with my parents and also driving up all the way to Cameron Highland all by myself being a tour guide and also a driver.

We left Klang valley approximately 9:30 am, nice and leisure, free and easily reaching Ipoh town around 12. simply because we make a few stops for toilet breaks.

The next thing upon arrival is definately food, which is settled in Sun Tuck Kee, one of the famous place for fried hor fun. Check out the lunch menu!!

The main dish of the day- Wat Tan Hor

This is my fav, Tai Luk Meen (Thick fried noodle), abit salty tho this time.

And a good side dish that goes with it.
Cuttlefish and their special sauce!

This is a view of Ipoh old town (I forgot the name of the street :p)

For the first time in my life I see the puppet lion being made for lion dance. It is almost consider a 'lost art' as not many chinese knows how to do it and also it's taboos and all.

After settling in the hotel, We began a quest in search of "The Lost mould of the Ang ku Kueh".

This lovely tasty local pastry is called "Ang Ku Kueh". Well this illustration is obviously not my mum's product. Her's is way more cute, way more chill-out, she doesn't add anything additive or coloring all is natural ingredient.For orders you can contact me at kuanlin81@gmail.com, my mum's pastry is only available in Kuching!

My mum claimed that she's bought this mould somewhere in Ipoh town even I was here for the past few trips I can't seem to find it.

"Oh... The mould is like that one..."

There's a difference in plastic mould and wooden mould. If you're making ang ku kueh for the fun of it or just once in a blue moon party with friends use the plastic ones will do fine. Unless you're like my mum who does it for selling you need a heavy duty ones.
See how many we got?

The story continues.....

No comments: