Sunday, August 10, 2008

Wendy's vs McD?

Friday after shopping for my shoes I decided to go for Wendy's for lunch (since i'm at the IOI mall). Everytime i go Wendy's I just can't help to benchmark it with our good old Mcdonald's.

I can't help it. And I come to a point to conclude that really Wendy's is more value for money (considering the amount being paid vs the food that you're getting)


As you can see the drink is LARGE size is really HUGE
(1 size bigger than the usual "LARGE" size),
so is the fries (and they serve the thick-cut type!!)

Since I don't take beef I opt for their 'Ultimate Grill Chicken Burger"

Sadly the nuggets is a bit small and not as tasty as McD's (for me)

So I've concluded it like this

Wendy's Vs Mcdonald's
Pros:
  1. They are almost the same price you pay for Mc'ds. I ordered a large set of ultimate chicken grill and a 4 piece nugget cost me around RM 16 while in Mc'd I ordered a large set of Chicken Mcdeluxe and a 4 piece of nugget cost me around RM 15+

  2. They serve Thick cut fries unlike the traditional shoe strings

  3. For beef lovers they have quater-pounder, 1/2 pounder and the 3 quarter pounder to suit your appetite

  4. Their serving size are not 'for illustration purpose only', it's actual size. The value meals comes in small, regular and large. I must say their large serving's are HUGE!! And their regular is equivalent to Mc'd's large size.

  5. Like Burger King You are allowed to add extra cheese.

Cons:
  1. No drink refills (but it's ok if you're ordering large cos very likely you're can't finish the drinks after whole thing), wish they could improve that.

  2. Nuggets are not tasty and crunchy as Mc'donalds' and they don't provide any add-on sauce eg. bbq or sweet & sour sauce. Also small in size, big mouth like me can swallow 2 nuggets 1 shot!

  3. They don't have crushed black pepper flakes like Mc'donalds (cos usually i like to add some salt in pepper on it). They just merely have the usual pepper powder type, doh!

  4. They don't serve breakfast meal (or at least not yet?)

  5. They do not operate 24 hrs

  6. They do have as many branches as Mc'donalds do.

Conclusions
The food is served and the choice is yours! And Wendy's you owe me a cheque!




No comments: